From time to time, especially Windows 10 users reported issues related to their printer connectivity issues and the most common printer error i.e., ‘Printer offline error’ that frustrates them the most. It is considered a serious error because until and unless the printer changes itself back to the online state, users won’t be able to print anything.
The possible reasons behind the Printer offline error in Windows 10 are:
- Communication problem between the Printer and PC
- Network Connection
- Printer is slow/unresponsive
- Printer has encountered an internal error
- Paper Jam -Multiple unfinished print jobs in the queue
- Or out-dated and corrupted Printer Driver, etc
However, there’s nothing much to worry about as with the help of 4 best methods, one can easily learn “how to fix offline printer errors” in Windows 10 and these methods are given below.
So, let’s get started with the steps of each method about “how to get a printer from offline to online” in order to find out which methods suit best for you in the process of fixing the printer offline errors:
Method 1: Check Connections:
To solve this error, one may need to restart printer, computer, and router as well as unplug the USB cable and to do so:
- Turn off and then turn on your devices and at the same time also ensures that your printer is not in power-saving mode.
- Try disconnecting the connection between your printer and your device. Wait till few seconds and then join the connection again.
- Also, unplug the USB cable and plug it in again. And, lastly, try doing a connection test for checking that network connection is working properly or not.
If doing so will resolve the problem then fair enough otherwise, try performing the other methods.
Method 2: Use HP Print and Scan Doctor Tool:
- To use it, you have to download this printer software tool from the official site.
- Then open that downloaded file and run ‘HPPSdr.exe’ in order to open the ‘HP Print and Scan Doctor’ software.
- Once opened, click on ‘Start’, and from the available list of printers you have to choose the particular printer that you use for printing.
- After that, if the ‘HP Scan and Doctor Tool’ encounter an issue in your printer, it will prompt you to turn the printer updates just by clicking on the ‘Yes’ button.
- Doing this will further initiate the process. Then, the tool will again prompt you to make your printer as ‘Default printer’ and the same as earlier, you have to click on the ‘Yes’ button.
- In case of any further required step to fix the problem, follow the on-screen instructions.
- That’s it! This way with the help of the HP Print and Scan Doctor tool you’ll be able to turn your HP printer back to online state easily.
Still, if you’re not able to fix the error, then just simply move to the next method in order to try that to resolve the issue as soon as possible.
Method 3: “Manually” Turn your Printer to Online State:
- To fix the offline error, you have to sometime turn your printer to an online state manually by correcting your printer settings which are configured incorrectly.
- To do so, directly go to your PCs ‘Start icon’ in order to firstly choose the ‘Control Panel’ option and then need to choose the ‘Devices and Printers’ option.
- Then, to ‘See what’s printing’ option, you need to click right on the ‘Printer in Question’ under the ‘Devices and Printers’ option.
- After that you’ll be directed to a new window.
- There, from the top of the menu bar, you need to click on the ‘Printer’ option.
- Lastly, from the ‘Printer’ drop-down menu option, select the ‘Use Printer Online’ option in order to turn the printer to an online state.
However, there might be the case that this method will turn your printer back to the online state on a temporary basis because the main problem could be related to ‘Printers Drivers’. So, in case of corrupted or outdated printers, you need to learn the method about how to uninstall and then re-install the ‘Printers Drivers’.
Method 4: Update the HP Printers Drivers:
- To update the printer drivers, go to the ‘Settings’ in order to choose the ‘Printer.’
- The main purpose of choosing the printer is to select the ‘Drivers’ of your particular printer which you use for printing.
- So, click right on the selected printer in order to choose its ‘Properties.’
- Then under its “General or Details tab” search for the printer drivers button to finally select it.
- After selecting, you need to uninstall it and then you need to install the updated printer drivers from the official manufacturer site of printer drivers.
- Then after downloading it, look for the downloaded file.
- Once you get the file, you need to re-install the printer driver by going simply previous steps from where you selected the ‘Printers’ option from the ‘Setting menu.’
- That’s it! Re-install the printer with the help of ‘Add Printer Wizard’ in order to fix the printer offline error and to not get such errors in the nearby future.